Margaret Soper GutierrezViolinist
Violinist Margaret Soper Gutierrez has enjoyed a multi-faceted musical career. She began her professional life in the Washington, DC area, performing as a member of the National Symphony Orchestra and touring extensively with the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra. Margaret performed as a soloist and chamber musician on concert series at the National Gallery of Art, the Holocaust Memorial Museum and the National Cathedral. She served as concertmaster of the Washington Bach Consort and the Baltimore Opera Orchestra and performed with the Rochester Philharmonic, the San Antonio Symphony and the Iris Chamber Orchestra. An avid chamber musician, Margaret was a member of the Maia Quartet, the faculty Quartet-in-Residence at the University of Iowa. During her tenure with the quartet, she taught and performed at the Interlochen Arts Camp, the Austin Chamber Music Festival and The Castleman Quartet Program.
In addition to her University of Iowa faculty appointment, Margaret has taught at the University of Memphis and the University of Colorado at Boulder. She currently serves on the faculty of the University of Northern Colorado at Greeley, where she teaches lessons, orchestral excerpts classes and coaches chamber music. Margaret received a Bachelor of Music with High Distinction from the Eastman School of Music and a Master of Music from the Cleveland Institute of Music. Her major teachers include Donald Weilerstein, Charles Castleman, David Updegraff and Doris Preucil. When not teaching or performing with the Colorado Chamber Players, the Colorado Ballet Orchestra or Opera Colorado, Margaret enjoys spending time with her husband and two teenagers, cooking, gardening, and hiking in the Rocky Mountains. She has played with the CCP since 2011.
Musician Will Be Playing These Events
- Thursday, December 3, 2015 - Different Worlds: Shostakovich and Prokofiev with Denver Eclectic Concerts
- Tuesday, December 8, 2015 - Different Worlds: Shostakovich and Prokofiev at Trinity
- Tuesday, January 12, 2016 - Intimate Shostakovich at SJC Dagwell Hall
- Sunday, January 17, 2016 - Intimate Shostakovich Boulder Library
- Friday, March 18, 2016 - CCP performs with the Arvada Chorale (Friday)
- Saturday, March 19, 2016 - CCP performs with the Arvada Chorale (Saturday)
- Friday, May 6, 2016 - Hearfelt Shostakovich: Three String Quartets
Back to Musicians